2018 WENT BY SO FAST.
I honestly can’t believe how fast it went by, I remember last New Year’s Eve like it was yesterday. Overall though, this has been the most incredible and crazy year. I’ve been saying it non-stop on Instagram I know, but seriously guys I’ve been on another level of happiness and have so much gratitude for the things that have happened this year. I also can’t begin to thank you all enough for all the love and support I’ve seen the last year starting up the blog and really learning so much.
As I’m sure you can tell, I didn’t spend the last year fully active on the blog. I actually had a plan to really sit back and watch for a while and take in all the opportunities blogging can bring, the connections that can be made, and what I want to do and not do. It’s been a great experience to just dabble in it and create some (amazing) drafts to share with you in the next year. The biggest reason I started the blog was because I’m a true writer at heart. I just can’t deny it anymore, my love for writing can’t be put into words. (Currently sitting in a Panera Bread with the best chai tea ever and an orange scone. So heavenly.) It just makes me so so happy to be able to share all of this with each and every one of you. I can’t express enough how thankful I am.
*wipes a tear*
Okay so let’s get down to business!! To start the blog off and hit the ground running with the new year, I wanted to start by sharing my New Year’s resolutions + goals. All I wanted to do this year was find my voice. I found out who I am and what I want and now, here we are. Goal achieved. This next year, I have so many fun plans and things I want to do, it’s truly overwhelming.
If you didn’t already know, I’m living in Kentucky now with my incredible aunt after deciding to leave Arizona. It was not an easy decision and in the moment felt so so wrong, but it was absolutely the right decision for me looking back now. SO! Since I’m on the east coast now, I plan to take full advantage of that. I’ve already started a bucket list of where I want to go and what I want to do, the things I want to achieve while being here.
Here we go.
- Devote more time to my blog. 2018 was so fun for me to learn about blogging, sit back and watch other bloggers that I liked and knowing how I wanted to approach my own platform with my style and post ideas, etc. I started blogging because I was traveling a lot and I plan to continue doing that. I’m a traveler at heart and anywhere I am is home for me. I want to see the world and share my experiences with you all. I want to get some amazing shots in unique places and soak up all the culture around me. Traveling holds a special place in my heart. I have a couple of fun trips planned so far for 2019 but haven’t booked anything.
- Travel more than last year in the US: anywhere + everywhere. This is my year to start traveling full time and wrapping my business around my trips, tying them up in a pretty little bow. There’s so much of the world to see. I want to do lots of road trips, camping in new places, going to small towns and explore big cities, spending days on the beach and in a cabin in the mountains. I just want it all. I’m so thirsty to see more of the world and knowing I’ll never see all of it is so disappointing, but you bet I’m gonna try as hard as possible. I want to make guides for you guys, recommendations in new places, be able to do some giveaways for traveling, etc. I just can’t get enough and want to create an environment where you can’t either.
- Travel out of the country. I know, it’s similar but I felt like I had to split up “traveling” as two. It’s too big!! This year I want to go to Banff, Canada for sure, but I’ve also been considering making another trip out of the country — maybe Iceland? Maybe Spain? Paris is a dream. I’ve been wanting to go to Thailand for so so long, too. I don’t know! I want to go everywhere so it’s hard for me to decide on where to go first. If you have any recommendations too, I’d love to hear them!
- Grow my business like it’s nobody’s business. LOL, I’m funny. No but in all seriousness, I’ve become beyond interested in the business world. If you had asked me even 6 months ago, my answer would have been no. I never thought I was cut out for it. BUT who would’ve thought I’d be here now, running not only one but TWO sides businesses on top of my full time job. It’s invigorating to be able to do this for myself after struggling for so long with where I wanted my career to go. I didn’t know if I would ever go back to school (still don’t) and if I would be broke forever, and it would give me terrible anxiety thinking about it. I’ve only barely scratched the surface of what this business has to offer, and I’m ready to experience it all. Join me, I would love to talk to you more about it.
- Re-learn the beautiful French language. I took 5 years of French and I absolutely loved it. Somehow, I lost that along the way (don’t know why or what the hell I was thinking, knowing another language is so cool to me) and want to bring that piece of knowledge back into my life. When I feel like I’m fluent in the language, maybe a couple years, I want to finally do my France trip! I fan girl hard over everything French. (I actually would love to know at least 3 other languages by the time I’m 30, which I think is totally doable because I already know quite a bit of French and some languages are really similar, right? I say it so casual like it’s just easy as pie.)
- Read more books. I used to never be able to put a good book down, and now I can’t honestly remember the last book I read. If you have any recommendations please send them my way, I would loooove to hear them.
- Learn to bake at least one new thing every month. Y’all I’m obsessed with baking shows. I watched all 6 season of “The Great British Baking Show” and I talked in an english accent to myself for weeks. I love baking. And pastries. And cakes. And everything with carbs. Oh my gosh, and bread. I want to be really good at baking (because I’m currently not) and want to start learning something new about it every month! That’s only 12 out of 365 days in the year, totally achievable.
- Travel out of the country for the first time. Banff, Canada is calling my name!! My incredible friend Courtney and I have been wanting to go on a girls trip and when she said Banff I had no idea what she was talking about. It took me about 30 seconds of Pinterest-ing to realize that my answer was a for sure YES. It looks so incredibly beautiful, plus I’ve only been to Montreal, Canada and I was like 12. So it’s time to take that adventure.
- Go to my first networking event. Okay this one is a huge one for me! I have the hardest time putting myself out there in person to go out and meet people. I don’t know what my deal is, I get terrible anxiety about it and hate that I do. I’ve been wanting to overcome this fear for a really long time and I decided this was my year. I’ve been so many incredible people online since I started blogging, like the beautiful Jessica Maddela (@jessicamaddela on insta, check her out she’s my favorite) and she is like my online best friend and actual spirit animal. Meeting people online is great, is how I really run my business successfully, and works really well for me as a homebody, but it’s time I put myself out into society and said hey.
- Learn how to do calligraphy. I just think this is SO FRICKIN’ COOL. I watch calligraphy videos on Instagram all the time and want to know how to do it too! I feel a calligraphy book coming in my future, haha. I just think sending out cards and invitations in beautiful calligraph writing is timeless and so much more personal. Plus I’m a nerd and this sounds like a fun hobby, haha!
- Be my healthiest self – physically, mentally, emotionally. I’m half way here. Like I’ve said about 63 times now, I’m very very happy emotionally and mentally. But I’m still getting better and there’s always room for improvement! Physically is a whole other story for me. When I was in high school I was in the best shape of my life playing softball, but it’s been 5 years since I graduated and I definitely don’t feel as good as I did then. I’ve been working so hard to get back into the gym consistently, and I love going. Some days I have a hard time finding the motivation but I’m not hard on myself about it, I might just do something small at home to get me at least a little active. I already feel a lot better, but your girl wants some abs and a booty, so…
- Officially be my own boss. This has always been my goal, but this is the year I finally feel like I’m going to tackle this with every bone in my body. I want the freedom of traveling (my ultimate dream) whenever and wherever I want and getting to work from my phone and computer. Ending the year strong with these businesses has really pushed me to do even better for the upcoming year. Thinking about making the blog and network marketing a full time business and income for me teary-eyed. It’s so emotional for me to grasp as a possibility. I love to be here with you all and I have a passion for it that I can’t explain. I never thought this is something I would be doing. Life just has a really crazy way of working itself out!!
- Pay off at least 75% of my debt. I’m trying to be realistic here with this goal, but I actually really hope I can pay ALL of it off. I have a lot between school, traveling, buying a car, and moving twice this year. This is actually probably one of my biggest goals as I’ve really let myself down financially. AND NOBODY LIKES BEING STRESSED ABOUT MONEY. I have some major plans to work through this with myself and also get that savings account growing non stop. I have some really fun things I do to save money that I don’t even notice I’m saving any, and I’ll share those with you guys soon!
- HIKE MY HEART OUT. Being on the east coast is making me so grateful because I love to hike and there are so many awesome places and mountains that I have yet to explore over here. I’ve already filled up a Pinterest board for some bucket list hikes in and around Kentucky and I’m counting down the days until I can put my hiking boots back on! There are just so many incredibly beautiful places to see, I never understand how someone can dislike hiking. Getting to the top of the mountain or end of the trail that opens up into this beautiful space is whole reason for the hike. It’s worth every complaint about how hard the hike was on the way there. Idaho amazed me with how incredibly beautiful it was when I took a few extra steps, so you could say I’m obsessed, yeah.
- Learn not to be so hard on myself. I’m bad at this and just need to work on letting some things go that I hold on to so tightly. I put so much pressure on myself to be perfect all the time, but I have a secret for ya… I’m not. I’m being really intentional about what I do this year and set up realistic expectations and goals for myself. I’ll say this time and time again because I have to face things the right way and I struggle with this a lot, then having a terrible outcome = I’m upset = being hard on myself. Story of my life. Just, no. None of that.
- Feeling confident and more myself again. Note to self: Don’t cut your freaking hair. I’m so bad about this… I want to cut my hair and in that moment there’s nothing that’s going to change my mind, but then I get upset because I’ve been trying to grow my hair out for so long and fail every time. Anyway, I want to master my look this year. I really really feel like I’ve found myself more in the last few months than I have in my last 23 years. One of the biggest things I’ve started working through is wearing what makes me feel more beautiful, rather than just giving up and being lazy with my style. I want that confidence back in my life, and I plan to get that back very very soon.
- Be kind. I have so many flaws and I’m not anywhere near perfect. There are times I’m not so nice, and I’m done with that side of myself. I hate myself when I act like a brat and I refuse to be that person any longer and regret who I acted like. Being kind is seriously not hard. (But honestly, like just say thank you when someone holds the door for you I don’t get it it’s not hard. I’ll forever vent about that.) Plus, I just don’t think it could hurt our world a little bit to have people be more kind to one another. The hate has gotten so out of hand, I don’t know how we all ended up in such a hateful society. Don’t even get me started on this honestly. There’s a reason I’m such a strong advocate for women (not that I’m not for men, but you get what I’m saying. We don’t need to have this talk.)
- Meet more people! I want to know people from everywhere. Different towns, states, countries. I want to make these connections with other incredible people around me that I typically would just walk past and (at most) smile at. I want to hear people’s stories. I just don’t appreciate people enough because I honestly have hated people for so long working in customer service, and part of me still does, BUT I just think we all have something to connect on. What brings us together? It also might make me less of an awkward person which would be pretty tight. I need that right now.
- Last but definitely not least: create my first ever product. Yeah, I said it. Out loud (sort of), in the open with all of you. There’s something I’ve been wanting to do for a really long time, and I finally decided this is the year I’m going to get this started and ready for other boss babes, too. I’m extremely nervous to start and get it out in the open, I’m blessed to have the knowledge behind this product to create one of my own, and I’m um… nervous. Haha, it’s too much! My heart is pounding while I write about this. It’s crazy to think that by the end of this year I will have a product. THAT I MADE. Dreams are coming true this year, I promise.
Have you started thinking about your goals for the new year? One of the biggest pieces of advice I gave to myself when thinking about this is to create REALISTIC goals. I have this terrible habit of setting terribly difficult goals for myself and then failing hard and being sad about it, losing all motivation and feeling like I can’t do anything. Yeah… NOT ANYMORE. I’ve decided I’m really not going to let myself down anymore. I want to take all of you on my journeys throughout the year with these goals too so I’ll be posting my updates often.
What are your resolutions or goals for the new year?
Cheers y’all. Let’s kick some ass and have our best year yet.